Exigia Ltd maintains exigia.com, www.exigia.com and related domains and websites, in connection with its commercial consultancy and web support business and to:
- provide an accessible source of publicly available information about Information Governance, Information Security and The Data Protection and Security Toolkit as they relate to existing and potential clients
- promote good practice in Information Governance and Information Security within the NHS and its commercial partners
- promote networking within the NHS Information Governance community and Commercial Third Parties in relation to IG and Information Security
- provide a channel to deliver reasonably priced and effective services and products to assist NHS and commercial organisations to attain and maintain good standards of Information Governance and Information Security
- assist organisations to complete Data Security & Protection (DSP) Toolkit, Cyber Essentials and other submissions and provide relevant evidence of their compliance with NHS data protection and cyber security standards
Membership and use
- All clients of Exigia and other parties with an interest in Information Governance and/or Information Security, particularly as it applies to the NHS and its partners in the UK, are cordially invited to become users and Members of exigia.com although membership is no a requirement for most purposes.
- Membership and use of Our Websites is not restrictive, although residence in the United Kingdom is generally required. Non-residents may use Our Websites and/or become Members, subject to the resources available, but there will be limitations.
- Exigia's decisions on matters of membership and all other matters will be final and in particular:
- Exigia reserves the right at any time to exclude any material it regards as inappropriate or excessive in any way
- Exigia reserves the exclusive right to determine who can be and who cannot be a Member of this and related Websites
- Exigia also reserves the right at any time to deny access to any membership or service provided by the Websites to any individual, group or organisation, who in its opinion, has abused the privilege of membership in any way
- Exigia reserves the right to terminate membership of dormant accounts and for any other reason without recourse
Where you are invited to submit any contribution to The Websites (including any text, photographs, graphics, video or, programs, code or audio) you agree, by submitting your contribution that your contributions must be:
- civil and tasteful
- constructive and polite, not mean-spirited or contributed with the intention of causing trouble
- not be disruptive, offensive or abusive
- not contain unlawful or objectionable content, which we consider as harassing, defamatory, abusive, threatening, harmful, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, racially offensive or otherwise objectionable
- not violate, plagiarise, or infringe the rights of third parties including copyright, trade mark, trade secrets, privacy, publicity, personal or proprietary rights.
The views expressed by contributors to The Website(s) are those of members of the public and are not necessarily those of Exigia Ltd.
you agree, by submitting your contribution,
- that your contribution is your own original work and/or that you have the right to make it available to Exigia for all the purposes specified above and that it is not defamatory and does not infringe any law.
- that you indemnify Exigia against all legal fees, damages and other expenses that may be incurred by Exigia as a result of your breach of the above warranty; and
- waive any moral rights in your contribution for the purposes of its submission to and publication on The Websites and the purposes specified above.
Intellectual property and acceptable use
- Use of our websites and materials contained in them is subject to our Copyright Notice.
- You acknowledge that you are responsible for any Content you may submit via Our Websites, including the legality, reliability, appropriateness, originality and copyright of any such Content. You may not upload to, distribute or otherwise publish through Our Websites any Content that (i) is confidential, proprietary, false, fraudulent, libellous, defamatory, obscene, threatening, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, infringing on intellectual property rights, abusive, illegal or otherwise objectionable; (ii) may constitute or encourage a criminal offence, violate the rights of any party or otherwise give rise to liability or violate any law; or may contain software viruses, political campaigning, chain letters, mass mailings, or any form of "spam.' You may not use a false email address or other identifying information, impersonate any person or entity or otherwise mislead as to the origin of any content. You may not upload commercial content onto Our Websites.
When using Our Websites you:
- must not use multiple logins for the purpose of disrupting the community or annoying other users
- must not use spamming and should avoid off-topic material
- must not advertise or undertake other commercial promotion
- must use English rather than any other language
- must not impersonate any other person or falsely claim employment or membership of any organisation
- must not use inappropriate (e.g. vulgar, offensive etc.) user names
- may not refer to specific URLs (web site addresses). If you know of a worthy and relevant website, please inform the Company.
- must not deliberately misuse any complaints facility
- must not use Our Websites in any way which causes, or may cause, damage to Our Websites or interferes with any other person's use or enjoyment of The Websites
- must not use Our Websites in any way which is harmful, unlawful, illegal, abusive, harassing, threatening or otherwise objectionable or in breach of any applicable law, regulation, governmental order
- make, transmit or store electronic copies of Content protected by copyright without the permission of The Company
Privacy, Data Protection & Cookies
- We advise that you consider the implications very carefully before revealing any personal information about yourself or anyone else (for example: telephone number, home address or email address), and please do not include postal addresses of any kind.
- The above guidance is particularly important in relation to children. The Websites will not normally knowingly publish personal information about minors.
Registration and Security
- You must ensure that the details provided by you on registration or at any time are correct and complete.
- You must inform us immediately of any changes to the information that you provide when registering by updating your personal details to ensure we can communicate with you effectively.
- When you register on Our Websites, you will be asked to create a password, which you should keep confidential and must not be disclosed or shared with anyone.
- If we have reason to believe that there is or is likely to be any misuse of the Website or breach of security, we may require you to change your password and we may suspend your account.
Availability of the website and disclaimers
- Online facilities, tools, services or information that The Company makes available through Its Websites (the Services) are provided ''as is" and on an "as available" basis. The Company gives no warranty that the Services will be free of defects and/or faults. To the maximum extent permitted by the law, The Company provides no warranty (express or implied) of fitness for a particular purpose, accuracy of information, compatibility and satisfactory quality. The Company is under no obligation to update information on Its Websites.
- Whilst The Company uses reasonable endeavours to ensure that Its Websites are secure and free of errors, viruses and other malware, it gives no warranty or guarantee in that regard and all Users take responsibility for their own security, that of their personal details and of their computers.
- The Company accepts no liability for any disruption or non-availability of the Website.
Limitation of liability
- limit or exclude our or your liability for death or personal injury resulting from our or your negligence, as applicable
- limit or exclude our or your liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation
- limit or exclude any of our or your liabilities in any way that is not permitted under applicable law
- We will not be liable to you in respect of any losses arising out of events beyond our reasonable control
- To the maximum extent permitted by law, The Company accepts no liability for any of the following:
- any business losses, such as loss of profits, income, revenue, anticipated savings, business, contracts, goodwill or commercial opportunities
- loss or corruption of any data, database or software
- any special, indirect or consequential loss or damage
Links to other Websites
- Our Websites may contain links to other websites. Unless expressly stated, these websites are not under the control of the Company or that of its affiliates
- We assume no responsibility for the content of such websites and disclaim liability for any and all forms of loss or damage arising out of the use of them
- The inclusion of a link to another site on Our Websites does not imply any endorsement of the websites themselves or of those in control of them
- The Websites are run as part of a profit-making commercial venture
- Currently no fees are charged for their use although some services available via the Websites are chargeable. Where services are chargeable, this will be made clear.
- This action may include any relevant account or accounts you have been given access to being placed into a state of temporary or permanent suspension.
- If you post or send offensive or inappropriate content anywhere on or to The Websites or otherwise engage in any disruptive behaviour on The Websites, and The Company considers such behaviour to be serious and/or repeated, it may use whatever information that is available to it about you to stop any further such infringements. This may include informing relevant third parties such as your employer, school, email provider or the 'Authorities' about the infringement/s.
- Exigia reserves the right to delete any contribution, or take action against any account, at any time, for any reason.
- Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
Last updated: 18 April, 2021