2. Use and storage of your personal information
3. Access to your personal information
4. Users aged 16 years and under
7. Data Protection Act Notification
- The following statement explains our policy regarding the personal information we may collect about you.
- This policy covers the use of personal information collected by The , Exigia Ltd., when you use exigia.com (which includes training.exigia.com..
- You can access our web sites and browse our web pages without providing any personal information.
- You are under no obligation to provide any personal information in order to continue to access and browse the information on exigia.com. We simply may not be able to offer some additional services to you if you do not provide some basic details.
- We do not automatically log personal data nor do we link information automatically logged by other means with personal data about specific individuals
- We may collect the personal data that you may volunteer while using our websites or services, therefore from time to time, you may be asked to submit personal information about yourself (e.g. name and email address) in order to become and remain a member of igtoolkit.com and/or linked websites and receive or use services on our website. Such services include newsletters, competitions, live chats and message boards.
- By entering your details in the fields requested or submitting them by electronic mail, by telephone or otherwise, you enable the The Company to provide you with membership of exigia.com and/or linked websites and for The Company and its service providers to provide you with the services you select. Whenever you provide such personal information, we will treat that information in accordance with this policy. When using your personal information the The Company will act in accordance with current legislation such as the Data Protection Act, 2018 and the GDPR; whilst aiming to adopt current privacy and information governance best practice.
- We do not collect information about our visitors from other sources, such as public records or bodies, or private organisations.
- When you supply personal information via this site (e.g. community services, commercial services or membership) we have legal obligations towards you in the way we use those data. We must collect the information fairly, that is, we must explain how we will use it (see the notices on particular web pages that let you know why we are requesting the information) and tell you if we want to share or pass the information on to anyone else.
- In general, any information you provide to The Company will only be used by The Company and by his agents and service providers for membership or another stated purpose. Your information will be disclosed where we are obliged or permitted by law. Also, if you post or send offensive, inappropriate or objectionable content anywhere on or to this site or otherwise engage in any disruptive behaviour on this site, the The Company can use whatever information that is available to it about you to stop such behaviour. This may involve informing relevant third parties such as your employer, school e-mail/Internet provider and law enforcement agencies about the content and your behaviour.
- We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as you use the service you have requested, and remove it in the event that the purpose has been met, or, in the case of exigia.com membership you no longer wish to continue your registration as a exigia.com member. For safety reasons, however, the The Company may store messaging transcript data (including message content, member names, times and dates) arising from the use of exigia.com community services for a period of six months. Where personal information is held for people who are not yet registered, that information will be held as long as is necessary to ensure that the service is run smoothly. We will ensure that all personal information supplied is held securely, in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018 and the General Data Protection Regulation.
- If you are notified that your information may be used to allow the The Company or other persons to contact you for "service administration purposes", this means that the The Company or other persons may contact you for a number of purposes related to the service you have signed up for. For example, we may wish to provide you with password reminders or notify you that the particular service has been suspended for maintenance. We will not contact you for promotional purposes, such as notifying you of improvements to the service or new services on exigia.com unless you specifically agree to be contacted for such purposes at the time you submit your information on the site, or at a later time if you sign up specifically to receive such promotional information.
- If you are notified that your information may be used to allow the The Company to contact you for "membership purposes", this means that in addition to contacting you for service administration purposes The Company may contact you for a number of purposes related to the service you have signed up for. For example, we may wish to contact you for promotional purposes, such as notifying you of improvements to the service or new services and in relation to the groups and communities represented on this site.
- We will not contact you in relation to third party services and groups or services and groups not represented on this site unless unless you specifically agree to be contacted for such purposes at the time you submit your information on the site, or at a later time if you sign up specifically to receive such promotional information.
- We will not pass on your personal information to any third parties unless you specifically agree to such transfers or agree to be contacted for such purposes at the time you submit your information on the site, or at a later time if you sign up specifically to receive such promotional information.
- Cancellation of membership, for which there is no fee, will mean that the The Company will remove all records of your personal information unless obliged to retain them for statutory reasons.
- You have the right to request a readable copy of the personal information The Company holds about you and to have any inaccuracies corrected.
- Data Subject Access is a free service and no charges will be made unless requests are unfounded, excessive or repettive.
- If data subject access requests are unfounded, excessive or repetitive, we reserve the right to charge for dealing with the request(s) by levying a “reasonable fee” to take into account the administrative costs of providing the information.
- The Company will endeavour to provide a copy of your personal information within 30 days or contact you if this will not be possible.
- The Freedom of Information Act, 2000 does not normally apply to the Company and requests made purporting to be made under that Act will not normally be responded to.
- We do not knowingly collect personal data from children.
- We make reasonable efforts to ensure that a parent has authorised the collection of the child's personal data and use of the child's personal data for the disclosure to third parties.
- We give parents the option to consent to the collection and use of the child's personal data for our internal use and use of the child's personal data for the disclosure to third parties.
- So, if you are aged 16 or under, please get your parent/guardian's permission beforehand whenever you provide personal information to the The Company's website. Users without this consent are not allowed to provide us with personal information.
- Information supplied by cookies can help us to provide you with a better online user experience and assist us to analyse the profile of our visitors. For example: you need to allow the session cookie to be able to send us a message via the contact form.
- A cookie is a small amount of data, which often includes an anonymous unique identifier that is sent to your browser from a website's computer and stored on your computer's hard drive. Each website can send its own cookie to your browser if your browser's preferences allow it, but (to protect your privacy) your browser only permits a web site to access the cookies it has already sent to you, not the cookies sent to you by other sites.
- Many sites do this whenever a user visits their website in order to track online traffic flows. We do not.
- Cookies record information about your online preferences. Users have the opportunity to set their computers to accept all cookies, to notify them when a cookie is issued, or not to receive cookies at any time. The last of these, of course, means that certain personalised services cannot then be provided to that user user and accordingly you may not be able to take full advantage of all of the exigia.com features. Each browser is different, so check the "Help" menu of your browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences.
- You can clear cookies stored by your browser by using one of its menu options or a third party add-in. Please refer to your browser's Help documentation if you want to do so and don't know how to.
- This site uses the following cookies:
1. A session cookie for encrypted sessions that expires at the end of your session.
2. An e-privacy cookie that records your response to the alert that appears at the top of the screen when you start a session on this site. It expires after one month although you can delete it by clearing your browsing data. After this cookie has expired or has been cleared, you will be alerted again on your next visit.
In order to comply with current legislation, The Company maintains a Data Protection Act Registration No. ZA019088.
Further information is available at the Information Commissioner's website - ico.gov.uk