Exigia Ltd., hereafter referred to as 'Exigia' maintains exigia.com, www.exigia.com and related domains and websites, referred to hereafter as 'The Webites' or 'Sites' or 'Site(s)' in connection with its commercial consultancy and support business, primarily, but not exclusively, to support organisations who have an interest in NHS Information Governance and Information Security, especially those required to complete an NHS Data Security and Protection Toolkit.
The main purposes of the Websites are:
- To provide an accessible source of publicly available information about Information Governance, Information Security and The Data Protection and Security Toolkit as they relate to the NHS.
- To promote good practice in Information Governance and Information Security within the NHS and its commercial partners.
- To promote networking within the NHS Information Governance Community and Commercial Third Parties in relation to IG and Information security..
- To develop and provide reasonably priced and effective services and products to assist NHS and commercial organisations
- to attain and maintain good standards of Information Governance and Information Security
- to complete Data Security & Protection (DSP) Toolkit submissions and provide relevant evidence of their compliance with NHS data protection and cyber security standards
- All clients of Exigia Ltd and other parties with an interest in Information Governance and/or Information Security as it applies to the NHS in the UK are cordially invited to become members of Exigia.com.
- Non-residents may also wish to become members, and subject to the resources available, Exigia will normally accommodate such wishes.
- Exigia's decisions on matters of membership and all other matters will be final and in particular,
- Exigia reserves the right at any time to exclude any material he regards as inappropriate or excessive in any way
- Exigia also reserves the right at any time to deny access to any membership or service provided by the Websites to any individual or group who in his opinion has abused the privilege of membership in any way
Access to and use of The Website(s) is provided by Exigia subject to the its published terms and conditions that are accessible at terms and conditions
- Further to the above section, by submitting your contribution to The Websites, you warrant that your contribution;
- is your own original work and that you have the right to make it available to Exigia for all the purposes specified above;
- is not defamatory; and
- does not infringe any law;
- And that you:
- indemnify Exigia against all legal fees, damages and other expenses that may be incurred by Exigia as a result of your breach of the above warranty; and
- waive any moral rights in your contribution for the purposes of its submission to and publication on The Websites and the purposes specified above.
You agree to use Website Communities (including Forums and Message Boards) in accordance with the following Membership and Community Rules. These apply across all The Company's sites and services. You should, however, read the local house rules of the particular site or service you're using, as there may be some local variations to these rules.
Membership is not restrictive although residence in the United Kingdom is generally required. Exigia reserves the exclusive right to determine who can be and who cannot be a Member of this and related sites.
a. About your posts:
- Contributions must be civil and tasteful
- No disruptive, offensive or abusive behaviour: contributions must be constructive and polite, not mean-spirited or contributed with the intention of causing trouble.
- No unlawful or objectionable content: unlawful, harassing, defamatory, abusive, threatening, harmful, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, racially offensive or otherwise objectionable material is not acceptable.
- If you use multiple logins for the purpose of disrupting the community or annoying other users you may have action taken against your accounts.
- Be patient: users from many backgrounds may be taking part in the relevant Site Community.
- No spamming or off-topic material: we don't allow the submission of the same or very similar contributions many times. Please don't re-submit your contribution to more than one discussion, or contribute off-topic material in subject-specific areas.
- No advertising
- Contributions containing languages other than English may be removed unless allowed in the relevant local house rules.
- No impersonation
- No inappropriate (e.g. vulgar, offensive etc) user names
- You may not refer to specific URLs (web site addresses) unless allowed under the relevant local house rules. If you know of a worthy web site relevant to the discussion topic, please inform the host of the Community area.
- Deliberate misuse of the complaints facility is not permitted. If you persist in doing this action may be taken against your account.
- We advise that you consider the implications very carefully before revealing any personal information about yourself or anyone else (for example: telephone number, home address or email address), and please do not include postal addresses of any kind. If you have a helpful address to share, inform the Webmaster via the 'Contacts' menu link, and he will promote it if he sees fit.
- The above guidance is particularly important in relation to children. The Websites will not normally publish personal information about minors and if they do, it will only do so with the written permission of their parent/s or guardian/s.
c. About the law:
- You may not submit any defamatory or illegal material of any nature to The Websites. This includes text, graphics, video, programs or audio.
- Contributing material with the intention of committing or promoting an illegal act is strictly prohibited.
- You agree only to submit materials which are your own original work. You must not violate, plagiarise, or infringe the rights of third parties including copyright, trade mark, trade secrets, privacy, publicity, personal or proprietary rights.
- The views expressed by contributors to The Site are those of members of the public and are not necessarily those of Exigia.
d. If you are under 18:
- Please refer to our terms and conditions which state that you are not permitted to use Exigia's websites.
- If you fail to abide by these rules (and/or any variations that may be posted on any page) when using The Websites as a client or as a community service only, you will be sent an e-mail which informs you why your contribution has been rejected or edited. This mail could also include a warning that continuing to break the rules may result in action being taken against your use of The Site.
- This action may include any relevant account or accounts you have been given access to being placed into a state of temporary or permanent suspension.
- If you post or send offensive or inappropriate content anywhere on or to The Websites or otherwise engage in any disruptive behaviour on The Sites, and The Company considers such behaviour to be serious and/or repeated, Exigia may use whatever information that is available to it about you to stop any further such infringements. This may include informing relevant third parties such as your employer, school, email provider or the 'Authorities' about the infringement/s.
- Exigia reserves the right to delete any contribution, or take action against any account, at any time, for any reason.
- The Websites are run as part of a profit-making commercial venture, but currently no fees are charged for their use although some services available via the Websites are chargeable. Where services are cargeable, this will be made clear.
- Please refer to our separate Privacy Notice - available from the Help Menu.
- If there is any conflict between the terms of this Policy and specific terms appearing elsewhere on The Websites or in any contract you have with Exigia then the latter shall prevail.
- If any of these terms are determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable by reason of the laws of any state or country in which these terms are intended to be effective, then to the extent and within the jurisdiction in which that term is illegal, invalid or unenforceable, it shall be severed and deleted from these terms and the remaining terms shall survive, remain in full force and effect and continue to be binding and enforceable.
- These terms shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of England and Wales.